Friday 11 September 2009

Try-something-new Friday



This evening I finally got a chance to try out the new embroidery foot I bought for my Bernina. It is in fact a darning foot No. 9 but it works very well for free machine embroidery. I've always admired these delicate drawings with thread and have decided to try it myself.

I grabbed a piece of light linen fabric and outlined a small car with my marking chalk. I then stitched around the basic lines, "drawing" additional features of the car as I went along. It is not a masterpiece but it will do for a first try - next time I will draw a more complicated design on a piece of water soluble film and perhaps make a mean construction-site machine for my son's T shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails