Wednesday 16 December 2009

Woman at work




Yesterday I started working on a new tote, trying out some new fabric I have bought recently (nice and heavy black denim) and matching it with colourful pieces of the handwoven basque cloth.

My initial inspiration was spring (Christmas isn't even here and I'm already fed up with winter and the icy cold), but it later evolved as I decided to join this week's challenge, organized by Etsy's European Street Team.
The amazing ladies from EST meet every day in the forum thread, where they discuss everything, from their creative progress to cooking recipes&cold remedies and share all the latest listings, Treasury lists and blog posts. Every Monday the new theme is announced by the winner of the last week's challenge and then members have one week to make and list an item, inspired by the theme.

The challenge (and the relatively short deadline) seems to bring out the best in everyone, giving amazing results, each creating an item in their own signature look. This week the theme is "friendship" and you can follow the listed items as the last week's winner, Kim from viltalakim, posts them on her blog.
We meet back here in a day or so if you want to know what the final result of my challenge attempt looks like...

Update 19-12-09
See the final result HERE.


And thanks to Laura from BlueTerracotta, another fellow ESTsian, my Bee mine decorative heart was featured in recent Treasury West along with some delicious honey/caramel items. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I cannot wait til you are ready and I can put your entry on My blog, hihihi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the free hand embroidery! Great fabric choice as well. I can't wait to see the finished tote. I think it's going to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I would love to take part of something like this. A weekly Challenge can really get you thinking outside of your usual box. I look forward to seeing the end result of your tote :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are wonderful and your blog and etsy shop thank you very much......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked out your shop. You have lovely pieces. I adore the decorative hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails