Tuesday 12 October 2010

A house to wear

Yael, a blogger friend and the sweetest person, has recenlty purchased one of my little house keychains. She told me she will not use it for keys but attach it to her handbag as an ornament. Which made me think that perhaps somebody else would prefer to wear the charm rather than keep it inside the bag...

So I scaled down my little house into a tiny, miniature cottage and added a pin in the back, introducing first ever Loddelina brooch.


The brooch measures 3.8 x 6.4cm (1.5 x 2.5") and is filled with light plant fibre stuffing, which makes it around 1.5 cm (0.6") thick. I chose the classical safety pin to attach the brooch with - it is small and flat enugh to pin the house snuggly to your clothes.


My first three house brooches come in mustard yellow, rusty red and ivory colour, with matching appliqued and embroidered doors and windows.


The mustard one even has a small fence, made from golden lace trim.

I had so much fun making these miniatures that I will add more to my shop in the next weeks!


3 comments:

  1. How ever so lovely Damjana! And look how great they are on the jeans jacket! I immediately fell in love with those sweet little houses (Bliss in da house!!!)
    And the ones with the keyring you can also hang on your sewing machine, they are perfect tiny pincushions!
    Oh and by the way, I like the new plum bag in your shop, very fashionable!
    And thank you for the arrow to my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute :)
    Taki mali sladki drobižki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just as lovely as your keychains! Love the addition of the lace for a fence on last one.

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails