Saturday 9 April 2011

A busy weekend

This weekend it is all about Loddelina. Thanks to my husband, who took the children to grandma's, I have a whole weekend to sew!

Ok, almost the whole weekend because there are other urgent things to be done, like reorganizing my pantry (to make sure I restock on food that is actually missing and stop buying more and more pasta that I already don't have room to store anymore, for instance).


This morning I dedicated some time to call a few of dear friends I made during our stay in Germany - we were able to catch up without constant interruptions from children who always want to take part in the conversation...

Later I prepared my sewing table and started work on a new design (I have cut the pieces and fused the interface the evening before). But my stomach reminded me it was time for lunch so I had to take a break - my abandoned sewing table didn't look very attractive but that is how interfaced, double stitched insides of a tote bag look like...

I cooked some pasta, what else (to make more room in my pantry), spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce with cubes of fresh mozzarella on top. It is one of my favourite 20 minute dishes and I often make it for my family.


After lunch I hurried to finish the bag (I will do the dishes later) and here it is, a sneak preview of my canvas summer tote with handmade starfish charm. It has interior zippered pocket, slip pocket for mobile phone and a swivel hook for keys. It closes with a magnetic snap and makes a perfect medium to large summer bag.

I intend to make two more starfish themed designs this weekend and I hope to have them all photographed and listed on Sunday.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Your soooo lucky!!! I would love a weekend at home, just to work on project...it's been too long since I've had one. :) Love the tote!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ti si punca prava, korak naprej, spogleduješ se s poletjem - vsaj meni se zdi, da dekorativna zvezda diši po morju :-)

    Naj te ustvarjalno-testeninska mrzlica vodi še naprej

    hugs & kisses from sLOVEenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speet sama???? Uhh, razvajajo te :) Nee, saj si zaslužiš, da ne bo kaj drugače izpadlo :)
    Torbica je pa lepa, držim pesti, da hitro najde novo lastnico. In naredi prostor za nove zaloge materiala :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hvala, hehe, se mi kar malo nabirajo tele torbice in bi že rada, da gredo na svoje...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful addition to the Loddelina family of bags! Very summer-inspired and adding the starfish was the perfect touch!
    I'm so glad you had some time to yourself to be creative and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice for your to get some me time. Looks likes you really have enjoyed yourself! I'm digging the beachy tote :)

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails